Here is a healthier take on the traditional Indian Nan Khatai recipe...
- Wheat flour / Atta - 1 1/4 Cups
- Gram flour / Besan - 1/4 Cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom / elachi - 2 pods
- Ghee / Clarified Butter - 2 tablespoon
- Sunflower oil - 5 tablespoon
- Salt - 1 Pinch
- Baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Powder the sugar along with the cardamom seed and baking powder in a mixer.
- In a bowl, Mix this sugar mixture and salt along with the wheat and gram flour.
- Add the ghee and sunflower oil to the bowl and knead into a smooth dough.
- Make medium sized balls with the dough and flatten them with your palm. Place them on a baking tray allowing enough space for them to expand.
- Bake the Nan Khatai in a preheated oven at 200 degrees C for 15-20 Mins. The Nan Khatai has to be light golden in color.
- Remove from the oven and place the Nan Khatai on a wire rack to cool.